Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Juni's sleepover.

My parents are usually dead against sleepovers. Their patent reason: "Every house has their own rules...andf you can't accept them GET OUT!!" I agree with the part about every house having their own rules but some of the rules are really crappy. I mean, what's the big deal about staying over at a friend's house? Mom says that when she was young dida would never let her be out of the house after 7. So? That was her thinking. Why are you keeping the tradition up?.Generations change. The rules should also change.Dynamism is an essential feature of the Indian Economy.So why not make it a part of the Indian Family Rules System. Sometimes leaving home doesn't seem that bad an option. But then again, where would I go?Juni's ISC ended on the 27th. She had been planning this seepover for quite sometime now.And I really wanted to go because this would me my first sleepover with my school friends.The only sleepover's I had somehow been allowed for were the one's at aastha's house and that to because she stayed in the same compound as me and my folks had seen us together since class 3. I decided to stand my ground this time and really fight it if they weren't going to allow me.Luckily I didn't have t fight much but mom decided to be a major piss off and do all the investigation possible before she could break it to dad. She even decided to come and drop me and sneha to juni's house personally. Now this really bugged me. I mean I'm 18 years old. She still wants to treat me like a baby!!!Now that that part was over, we were at her house and all set to have a blast. We started with me jamming on that untuned piano of her's. Zombie & Truly Madly Deeply were some of the songs which these people made a mess of while trying to sing. After that we went off to her room to watch a movie before which we were treated to kookie jar goodies!!....We decided to watch "bedazzled" although I kept on insisting that we watched some action stuff. But then majority one. The movie went off just fine and we had a ball of a time hooting and passing comments about a lot of things.*winks*While the movie was on we had a fer interuptions with respect to the positions we were on the bed. Now I kindly request the reader's not to get ideas!. Sneha wanted cocoa and Juni wanted to lean on one of us and I was being shoved away in odd manners. After a lot of effort we managed to stay still till the movie finished.Dinner was the next best thing that we could think of. Meatza pizza. 2 of them, one with olives and one with onions, medium sized, one with the cheese burst crust and the other with the deep dish crust. Accompanied with coke and choco fudge cake and brownies and music-yani to be more precise we were on cloud 9. Had a little photo-session in the middle too!!Then we decided to play the "game of life", a board game that I had last played when I was in class 4. I was the one having the best time there cause I was "unemployed", had the most "number of kids" and was the "richest". Needless to say that I won even after sneha and juni tried to steal from me the most!!.By the time we finished playing it was 12 and we wished juni's dad happy birthday while I played the piano. Although I'm sure uncle's heard way better choirs in his life he sort of liked our performance a lot! We weren't sleepy so we decided to watch another movie "alladin"Now that didn't quite happen cause in the middle we started talking about serious issues encompassing our lives and trying to find solutions to it. That took up a lot of time and by the time we knew it, it was really really late. Since we had plans the next morning, we decided to turn in for the night mut again, didnt happend. Juni and I slept on the floor talking about a lot of things while sneha was lissening to the ipod on the bed and pretending to sleep.We had set the alarm for 5 and funnily it was only after the alarm rang that all of actually went to sleep. We woke up in like 30 mins cause we had to go to jetty. I wanted to take these people because they had no idea what this place is like- that to early in the morning.The cab ride was expensive and the cab driver was such a jack-ass he ripped us off 150 bucks!!!But it was all worth it considering the fact that both sneha and juni loved jetty. We headed off to Sharma's after that for tea and "kochuri shobjee". Then it was back to Juni's place.We spent sometime on her roof singing away all the songs we could think off.After freshening up, we decided to have 2 more rounds of "life" since the other 2 wanted to win too. Surprisingly they did!!.It's obvious that we had a great time and I for one enjoyed the most cause it was the day right after my ISC had got over so..............We're planning another sleepover. This time at my place. Hope its as good as this one if not better.Ps: Watch out for the next action packed episode of "sleepovers" by me!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting....now stop writing lame sleepover stuff and get back to the funny!

P.S.-I think you're mom was pretty sweet to drop you to her house, stop blaming ur parents just coz theyre ur parents!

Tiger Lily said...

dude. she came to drop me coz she likes to butt into my business. its not outta lun n affection that she came. she came to CHECK!

Samik Dasgupta said...

Should i mention the fact that i know what u actually did the last sleepover???I know it was a big joke, and we have all forgotten it. But in that one incident, i came to know tiger lily's best quality. She my dear friends, understands each and everyone apart from herself and will always stand by the ones she cares for, no matter even if it requires to stand upto age old friends. Awe-inspiring.Period.

P.S.:-Can u notice a mathematical pattern in the comments that i am posting?

Tiger Lily said...

why are u telling ppl about me here!!...ur supposed to comment on my post!!!....

as for the mathematical pattern...im confused...is it A.P, G.P or H.P