Saturday, March 22, 2008

The conflict within.

"It's time.....isn't it?", she asked.

"umm....maybe", the voice replied.

"I don't want to go."

"But we have to.....don't we?"

"I dunoo.....do you want to go?"

"You tell me."

This arguement had no end. That was a fact quite well- known to both. But someone would have to give in, sometime.....somehow.

"Why is it that you always leave it to me?"

"Why can't you decide at the first shot?"

"You should take a decision somtimes......I can be wrong you know!"

"SO!!!........how does it matter even if you do make a mistake? You can always fix it!"

"Some mistakes cannot me fixed!!!"

"Then you will have to live with it."

Silence followed. Not much was said or heard for a while. After all, it is difficult to convince both, especially when they're the same person. The heart and the head reside in that one corp which revolts violently when they both can't take a decision. Both are right in their own way. But there can't be two rights. Can there? And even if they both are right, then who's wrong?

"We should go", said the voice with a very hesitant "we".

"No! I have to go. You'll just come along."

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"It isn't. Trust me"

"That's easy....."

"Don't bet on it."

"You sure you want to do this? I mean do you really feel that this is what you want to do?

"You don't trust me?"

"Of course I do?"

"Then why in Lord's name do you persist in asking me this? You, out of all people."

"sigh"

"Tell me something, what do you like about it?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing!"

"Then why are we having such a hard time deciding what has to be done?"

"I don't know."

"Why are you thinking so much then?"

"I'm not thinking......you are!"

"You me, what's the bloody difference? We're the same.Aren't we?"

"You tell me."

And here they go again. Back to the same old drawing board. Waiting for their decision is like waiting for Godot.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm...
"things without all remedy should be without regard" - Lady Macbeth.

Tiger Lily said...

this is supposed to be wat u think????.......

Samik Dasgupta said...

THANKS FOR ALL THE PATIENCE AND BLOG VIEWING!!!
Well i am probably one of the lucky few who areresponsible for the conflict within, my advice, take away my luck lessen the conflict, go clubbing..
On a serious note, collective brilliance is evident that even in between the boards u were able to voice ur thoughts so concisely