Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Admissions-"BLEH"~

As Darwin once said-"we will now discuss. a little bit more in detail, the struggle for existence"

I've been filling all sorts of forms for the past 2-3 weeks and all I can say is this- "COLLEGE ADMISSIONS SUCK!!!!"
At one end you're worrying about getting into a "good" college and at the other end there are your parents (who are just being their usual selves) also worrying along with you. (that's like adding fuel to the fire). Now let me clarify this point here. "Worrying" can be of different kinds.
I'm worried. I have to get into college. A good one. I log on. Search. And do the needful. (fill in forms, go to the damn place, stand in never ending lines etc etc.)
My mom is worried.
She screams at everyone she can lay her eyes on. If I'm out a wee-bit longer than usual I have either decided to run away from home or have lost my way!!!!!.
My dad is worried.
Everyday-"i have done my duty by putting you in a good school. Now it is your responsibility to get into a good college."
(true true.)

THE FORMS!!
Inadequate information about how the damn online forms are supposed to be filled all (not)over the net. The software designed for the submission of online forms especially for calcutta university has definitely fucked up the area where you put in the marks cause all the damn subjects DO NOT FIT!!!!!
You are asked to write down your address atleast 5 times for god alone knows what reason.
Family income has to be mentioned CORRECTLY!!( well obviously. on that basis theyre gonna ask us fer the donation rite??....silly me!)
Some colleges ask you if you're married or not. (i actually wanted to tick yes. dad made a face so i dumped the idea!!)
Most of the colleges make their income through these sheets of paper. The banks are enjoying themselves. Why not!!. The demand drafts made in favour of the colleges give them their incentives too. Example- 60/- application money, 38/-extra charge at the bank. total-98 bucks gone!!!!!......sheesh!!
Some forms have to be attested. School takes ages to attest one damn document. That also they decided to screw up my presi admit card nicely by signing right over my face in the passport size snap. idiots!!

When ur there standing in line (which is like never-ending) and u see practically all your batchmates there applying for the same damn thing as you are- you realize the amount of shit u are in especially when your grades are lower than theirs. What kicks u harder- their sitting for the same entrances as you are!!!!......great!!!!

People usually stand for the forms since like 4 in the morning!!( some enthu man!!). I was fortunate. i did most of my stuff online. on the day of submission i had seniors to help me out and thus that really sped up my applications. (yay!!)

so there you have it. a million xeroxes here and there. all those given for attestation and then school tells u that u have to pay them more than a 100 bucks for a transfer certificate. What's even worse- EVERYONE GETS THE SAME CHARACTER CERTIFICATE!!!!
ROBBERY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT I TELL YOU!!!

oh well. i have entrances to give and a college to get into.
sigh*




No comments: