Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Love Song of Shrestha G Mullick

Making a move- the first one
is often the hardest.
The past rebukes and doesn't offer reconciliation.
But I had to go.
What called, and why I went, I do not know.
Time was just the same. Fast and unforgiving.
It always ran when we were together.
Did the same again.

I asked a thousand questions before I took that step.
No answers came.
Bravery of a different kind, but pain like never before.
If betrayal is brutal, then this was devastation.
Yet, I was there.
What called, and why I went, I do not know.
Revenge shuffled and laid itself before me.
Like a gambit I felt the urge.
I asked myself a thousand questions, before I picked them up
No answers came.

Love whined in a corner. I didn't know what to say.
I took a step forward and it took ten steps back.
I pleaded for it to help me.
It handed me a mirror- and the Past rebuked me!
Friendship was wounded. It would not be right to ask it for help.
Nevertheless, because it is what it is.
It is brave.
I asked it to stay with me. I was afraid it might not approve.
I knew, that it was my last hope. Without it, I could not pass those Iron Gates of the Past.
Time, the traitor began its tricks. And I was afraid. Again.
Inferno was waiting for me, adorned with mirages of the past.
Fire enough it is.


But it knew what was right.
I knew it was wounded.
Another blow of that kind would be the end of it all.
It held my hand tight- and said- " This won't hurt a bit"
Why?
Said it nothing. Secret it was. Only for the ears of the brave.
Conversation sprang like a burst of Crackers- slightly dim, but beautiful nevertheless.
Warmth rose, and eyes shimmered.
Confessions made its way and the world suddenly seemed a better place to live in.

Just as comfort was getting greedy,( and comfortable)
It was time.
I felt like a fool. Time had laid out a bait.
And I fell for it. I was angry.
But.
Friendship spoke. Quietly(!)
I did not want to know. I was angry.
What called, and why I went, I do not know.
I wanted to know that secret.
And so it said.

"They spoil every love story by saying its going to last forever"

And even after all this time.
Always.






1 comment:

Bijin Jose said...

Zeba! nice, it evokes the subtleties of the complexity and indecisiveness of courting! :) write more!