Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pujo 08~ (part two)

This has been the first time in all these years of pujo that I went to madox square every single day. The pandal as usual is very simply made and the "pratima" was as always very nice. This place happens to be a hub for all those people who stay in and around ballygunge. Actually its so popular that people from other places come and hang around here too.

I usually end up meeting anyone and everyone here during pujo. Since I was there practically every single day I met 5 times the people I generally meet. Not that I'm complaining or anything. It was really funny. The first day I went was not my best because I was dressed quite shabbily and I remember Aditya coming and telling me why I was dressed like "sri aurobindo" (not that he dresses shabily its just that it wasnt quite fit for the occasion. i'll spare u ppl the details.)
I was with rohit and ankhi initially. Rohit was pissed off because we had made plans with a lotta ppl from our class to meet at madox and most of them ditched. He kept hopping around the entire place trying to keep up with a hundred of his friends who happened to meet. Every time someone called and asked where we were he would howl n say " protimar daan dik na baa dike aye!!".Rohini came for like 3 minutes and ran off. Now this is one thing that really ticked me off. I mean no matter where we were he will always make me walk all the way back to idol through all that "bheer-bhaar".
All through he kept on grumbling about how he would never make plans with ug-1 again. hahahahahaha!!!
I ran into a lot of ug-3's there. Rohan dada was being a dude that he is and hanging with the xavarian maals. Nimmo shila da shruti ayashman and loads of other people were there. The only thing they had to say to me-"where is prantick??"..heheheheheheheee....!!
Prantick was late as always and after finishing 50% of my sms balance the guy turns up. I had a good time taking his trip because the fool has gone and bought himself a pair of converse which are not all star!!!....With a lot of help from priyo da and rohan da the evening went off well.

Prantick and priyo da decided to walk me home. Not that they aren't generally chivalrous its just that they lack it most of the time if u know wat i mean. Prantick had enough reason to want to come because since he was late he didn't get much time to spend with me. hahahaha!!
All his hopes and dreams in that context were shattered cause I hardly spoke to him. I was too bust chatting with priyo da about a hundres million things which dont usually crop up in my head when we're in college.

The next day which happened to be oshtomi was saree wearing day. I had the nerve to go to madox in a saree. But this time neither madox nor ppl there got any attention from me cause i was too busy clinging on to my saree. Not to mention trying hard not to trip and fall over ppl with my heels. I can be quite a princess at times really. Finally after a horde of compliments aastha rohan and I ran off to mama mia for dinner!!....

The rest of the days were just random plans with random ppl here n there. And since it is madox u tend to meet ppl there even tho u havent quite made a plan with them. Rohit had a gala time because he got to rip food off from both Ishita and me. But its not that I spared him. He did have to blow cash on me too. hahahahahahaha!!!

All in all, like very year, this year was a blast too.
=)

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I agree...it's very difficult to find chivalrous guys... B'live me, I have experience. Though at times, gentlemanliness can come from quite unlikely corners!

You wore a saree!!!! Well, Congratulations for your success at Maddox Square. I have been so old and never found the time or courage to wear one! Hats off to you girl!

Jijo said...

I disagree when it comes to Priyo and Prantick not being conscious about when they should be chivalrous or not. :P You can't say that about Priyo at least. Ha Ha.