Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Metamorphosis.

“The soul would not have a rainbow if eyes not have tears”

I live in the broken home of hopes and dreams, a palace of cards now lay shattered at my feet
Walking through the sands of time I find myself musing along my individual path……….
With no destination in mind..

I believe in the third circle of hell
I flirt with death.
I live a life of solitude and vain.
The constant existence of an ongoing pain.

Chalk in my hand, the first time I wrote your name on that board all bare
Remember me sitting in the last row without a single care?
Smearing colours all over…an entangled awful mess…the painting once so beautiful is finally lost..
The one who makes all the sacrifices for me just to put me first, you let me test my broken wings,
Although you and I both know they’re going to hurt.

I step outside and hear people scream in fear
I hear whispers…they’re so near..
Promises broken, all the violence I see
Is this the end?..cant it really be?
You walk upto me..tell me to be strong…
I take a deep breathe close my eyes and count to 3
1…2…..3…..
I open my eyes and I see the sunshine
I think about this special day, and about what you said
You explained it all so clearly, when nothing made sense.
The strength that no one ever saw, was the best
And it was finally transferred to me.

But of course can this really be?
Or is it nothing but just another dream!!

3 comments:

Samik Dasgupta said...

Spell bound!!Speechless! thats what ur blog leaves me with...
An addition though-
Days before yesterday in the dispensary when you were palying with the parrot, sticking out your red tongue at him, creating music with your crystal fingers when they touched the bars of his cage. At that moment, you werean incomplete woman. But today, when tears are rolling down your cheeks, you are complete as a woman. Don't You feel the difference. You must. what you were yesterday,you are not today. And what is today will not be there tomorrow. But the mark the hot iron of happiness has left in ur heart will always remain there just as it is...isn't it a good thing to have happened??

Tiger Lily said...

this is why i tell u to post stuff on ur blog!!
why the hell are u wasting ur talent on my comments page!
see now im getting a complex!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job retyping part of the English version of Manto's story "On the Balcony" Ricardo... Or maybe you wrote that yourself, in another life?